Cristiano Ronaldo's lawyer says allegation of rape is 'a complete fabrication'

Lewis Collier
Октября 11, 2018

But it declares documents cited in media reports about the athlete's encounter in 2009 were altered before being "irresponsibly published".

Larissa Drohobyczer, an attorney who is a part of Mayorga's legal team, recently issued a statement stating that Ronaldo has just under three weeks to respond formally to the accusation.

"While Mr. Ronaldo is accustomed to being the subject of press attention that goes along with being famous, it is absolutely deplorable that any media outlet would support or advance such an elaborate and deliberate defamation campaign based on stolen, easily manipulated digital documents".

A message left with the firm representing Mayorga by USA TODAY Sports was not immediately returned on Wednesday.

Ronaldo's club, Juventus, has suffered from the allegations, with the Italian club's share price closing nearly 10% down last week as markets reacted.

One of Ronaldo's major sponsors, Nike, said it is "deeply concerned by the disturbing allegations".

It did confirm, however, that the Portugal star had reached a mutual non-disclosure agreement with Mayorga, reportedly $350,000, but rejected claims the American had been coerced into signing it by a group of "fixers." .

Читайте также: No change in Qld after dire climate report

"Once again, for the avoidance of doubt, Cristiano Ronaldo's position has always been, and continues to be, that what happened in 2009 in Las Vegas was completely consensual".

'The documents that allegedly contain statements by Mr. Ronaldo and that were reproduced by the media [emphasis included in statement] are pure inventions.

The statement said the NDA is "by no means a confession of guilt" but Ronaldo "merely followed the advice of his advisers in order to put an end to the outrageous accusations made against him" to avoid attempts to "destroy a reputation built thanks to hard work, athletic ability and behavioural correction".

Drohobyczer said previously that Mayorga never wanted her name made public but became anxious that she would be identified after a 2017 media report apparently referred to the encounter at the Palms Hotel and Casino.

A statement from lawyer Peter S. Christiansen on behalf of Ronaldo said the Juventus forward "vehemently denies all of the allegations in the complaint and has consistently maintained that denial for the last nine years".

Ronaldo previously dismissed the claim, first reported in Germany's Der Spiegel, as "fake news" and his representatives said he would take legal action against the magazine.

AP writer David Rising in Berlin contributedto this report.

При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.

Код для вставки в блог

Other reports by

Discuss This Article