Cristiano Ronaldo Asked To Provide DNA Sample Amidst Rape Allegations

Lewis Collier
January 11, 2019

However, her lawyers now want to annul that agreement, which she says she only signed because she was "terrified of retaliation" and of "being publicly humiliated by being identified as a victim of sexual assault".

The investigation was reopened by police in Las Vegas last fall after the woman, Kathryn Mayorga, went public with the allegations in September, claiming Ronaldo - then 24 - raped her in a hotel there after a night of clubbing.

They reportedly contacted police in Italy, where Ronaldo lives, playing for Juventus following a $92 million transfer from Real Madrid this summer.

Las Vegas police spokesperson Laura Meltzer confirmed than an official request has been submitted to Italian authorities.

This autumn the case was re-opened, in the light of the #MeToo movement, and on Thursday it was reported that police in Las Vegas had requested a sample of the Portuguese footballer's DNA.

Serena Legacy Not Tarnished By US Open Controversy, Insists Evert
She has looked sharp at the Hopman Cup and maintained her 100% singles record even though Germany lost to Federer's Switzerland in the final.

Previously, Legit.ng had reported how Portugal global Cristiano Ronaldo was accused to have ordered American lady Kathryn Mayorga to sign secret document for her to remain silent over her claims.

Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department spokesman Aden Ocampo-Gomez said in October that in 2009 Mayorga made a complaint but did not provide an assailant's name or the location of the alleged assault. The lawsuit and the criminal police investigation are on separate legal tracks.

Police reopened the case a year ago when she came forward.

News of the warrant comes two days after a second woman, Jasmine Lennard, an English model and reality television star who previously wrote a tell-all about her relationship with Ronaldo, accused him of violent behaviour in a series of posts on Twitter. Her attorneys say she was paid $375,000 USA in hush money.

"Keen as I may be to clear my name, I refuse to feed the media spectacle created by people seeking to promote themselves at my expense", he said.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER